Peter Attia Podcast with Neurologist Richard Isaacson on Alzhiemer's Prevention

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Plumster
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Peter Attia Podcast with Neurologist Richard Isaacson on Alzhiemer's Prevention

Post by Plumster »

I really enjoyed this, thanks!
e3/4 MTHFR C677T/A1298C COMT V158M++ COMT H62H++ MTRR A66G ++ HLA DR
GLS18
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Peter Attia Podcast with Neurologist Richard Isaacson on Alzhiemer's Prevention

Post by GLS18 »

dmekolon wrote: Hi GLS18 - thank you so much for the warm welcome and the helpful resources. I just learned I have the ApoE4 gene through 23&Me and am trying not to panic! I am listening to Dr. Bredesen's audiobook and so far it's been invaluable. I feel more hopeful already...I am ordering the physical book as I need it as reference. I will certainly introduce myself in Our Stories and can't wait to peruse to learn about other members of this site. I'm so glad I found this! Again thank you so much for your kind note.
Hi dmekolon!

Checking in to see how things are going with you. It is wonderful to hear that you are finding hope through Dr. Bredesen's book and our community.

Wishing you a joyous and peaceful holiday season!
Gina
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
Reversing Cognitive Decline For Coaches Certification Candidate, Fall 2018
"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." - Mahatma Gandhi
Terrygrier
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Dr. Michael Lin, neurologist Weill Cornell, NYC

Post by Terrygrier »

I just listened to the podcast from Attia and Isaacson. Attia mentioned dr Bredesen and dismissed his work citing that he reviewed Bredesen work and supporting studies and said that less than 30% can be proven. Frankly it kinda frustrated me. I listened for 2 hours and got very little helpful information. I wondered what this community thought of it. I generally highly respect Attia and his thoughts on things.
PJD@4411
Contributor
Contributor

Post by PJD@4411 »

Terrygrier wrote:I just listened to the podcast from Attia and Isaacson. Attia mentioned dr Bredesen and dismissed his work citing that he reviewed Bredesen work and supporting studies and said that less than 30% can be proven. Frankly it kinda frustrated me. I listened for 2 hours and got very little helpful information. I wondered what this community thought of it. I generally highly respect Attia and his thoughts on things.
Hello Terrygrier,
Welcome to the forum! We are so happy to have you joined this supportive community.

I have not listened to the Dr Attia/Dr Isaacson podcast regarding Dr. Bredesen's protocol. That being said I am familiar with all of these fabulous physicians and their research. There does seem to be a common theme regarding nourishment and lifestyle behaviors to reduce risks while promoting cognitive health.

Dr. Richard Isaacson believes "one in every 3 cases of Alzheimer's may be preventable". There is so much hope today!

A great place to get started on this site is by reviewing the Primer which has a wealth of information and was written by the physician that created this forum.

The Wikki Page contains information about diet and lifestyle behaviors that promotes cognitive health and much more!

We would love to learn more about you. If you are inspired to share your story with us this link will take you to Our Stories where you can post more information about yourself and learn about others.

There is so much information out there and we are all different. Wishing you the best on your journey as you continue to research best practices and protocols.

Again a warm welcome, please keep in touch.
PJ
Think Positive Be Positive
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Terrygrier wrote:I just listened to the podcast from Attia and Isaacson. Attia mentioned dr Bredesen and dismissed his work citing that he reviewed Bredesen work and supporting studies and said that less than 30% can be proven. Frankly it kinda frustrated me. I listened for 2 hours and got very little helpful information. I wondered what this community thought of it. I generally highly respect Attia and his thoughts on things.
I am a fan of Attia (and subscribe with $$), but doesn't mean I agree with everything he says. I listened to this quite a while ago. Bredesen tests and individualizes based on results. My recollection (which could be wrong) is that Isaacson's approach is more cut and dried.
Tincup
E3,E4