Failing to Dent LDL

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Alexis
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Failing to Dent LDL

Post by Alexis »

Fiver wrote:What I don't understand is that the chart seems to go <1 and that this is only deemed "low" and not "impossible"! :shock:

Maybe the website explains more....
Unfortunately it doesn’t :(
Fiver
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Fiver »

I'd be very skeptical of that chart. Maybe get another opinion from a cardiologist, or better yet an expert on lipids. Some one you could talk about particle sizes, oxidation, apolipoprotein ratios, etc.
Alexis
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Alexis »

Fiver wrote:I'd be very skeptical of that chart. Maybe get another opinion from a cardiologist, or better yet an expert on lipids. Some one you could talk about particle sizes, oxidation, apolipoprotein ratios, etc.
I should. The problem is that the NHS (wonderful as it is) doesn’t really provide easy access to more detailed lipid panels unless there’s something wrong with you.

Preventing something going wrong in the first place isn’t their priority, unfortunately.
Fiver
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Fiver »

Ah. I understand. I am fortunate to have a cardiologist friend who took an interest in my case. I'd be happy to ask about this the next time I see him - maybe get his thoughts on that chart.
Alexis
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Alexis »

Fiver wrote:Ah. I understand. I am fortunate to have a cardiologist friend who took an interest in my case. I'd be happy to ask about this the next time I see him - maybe get his thoughts on that chart.
I’d appreciate it!

In lieu of access to experts, I’ve offered myself to the altar of the algorithm; it’s not the most communicative of gods.