New to gp - 40 yrs old and one pair 4

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Appe4heteozygous
Contributor
Contributor

New to gp - 40 yrs old and one pair 4

Post by Appe4heteozygous »

I wonder what evidence base there is to date with regards to:
1. Diet
2. Fasting
3. Exercise

Al modifiable factors I can perhaps control. I am ofcourse aware there must be lots of threads on these topics but wondering if any summaries of evidence base (rather than theories).

Thank you in advance
Fiver
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: New to gp - 40 yrs old and one pair 4

Post by Fiver »

Hi. Those are big topics, and you've come to the right place to learn more about them. Start with the wiki page here. You can also search the threads for keywords you're interested in. The short answer is, yes, there is quite a bit of evidence. It's not really a question of if they can help, but how best to gain those benefits for you.
Magda
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Magda »

Welcome to the group Appe4heteozygous!
Great questions! you are at the right place to find answers:)

I would like to right away point you to our PRIMER:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1418
It is an excellent resource with not only detailed explanations of what it really means to carry Apoe4, but it contains great tips on prevention strategies, important biomarkers, diet and life style modifications which you can implement right away.
Another resource, many of our members follow, is the work of world-class neurologist and researcher, Dr .Dale Bredesen and his book "The end of Alzheimer's" where he lays out details of his approach called "The Recode" protocol. The protocol has been used by many practitioners with great success. Here is a link to a paper documenting successful reversals of cognitive decline in 100 patients:
Please take a look at this post:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5459
Pretty amazing !

The forum discussions are a wealth of information. To search them by a key word go to the menu (3 stacked up squares) next to your name and hit search. For more tips on how to effectively use the forum go here:
https://wiki.apoe4.info/wiki/%22How-To% ... fo_website

When you feel ready please post more about your self in our Stories
viewforum.php?f=2

I agree with Fever, there is much proof that the strategies you listed work. The most difficult part in my option, is figuring out which ones are most compatible with your unique biology.

My best,
Magda
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach & MS Clinical Nutrition Student
IFM/Bredesen Trained, Reversing Cognitive Decline
Appe4heteozygous
Contributor
Contributor

Hi both,

Thank you. Wowsa lots of reading to and a wonderful comprehensive list of places to start.

I am still unsure whether to be worried of a heterozygous apoe 4. I also have mthfr and interested if that also correlates, my understanding is limited.

Thank you again.
dcox
Contributor
Contributor

Post by dcox »

Appe4heteozygous wrote:Hi both,
Thank you. Wowsa lots of reading to and a wonderful comprehensive list of places to start.
I am still unsure whether to be worried of a heterozygous apoe 4. I also have mthfr and interested if that also correlates, my understanding is limited.
Thank you again.
Welcome Appe4heteozygous!
I wholeheartedly agree with all Fiver and Magda have said and the links will serve you well as you begin this journey of prevention! I love Dr. Bredesen's book, along with great information that is laid out so everyone can understand it, it gives so much hope to those who read it. Another couple of pages that will help you navigate the amazing information here are: the Wiki Page, where you will find some more in depth topics; "How-To" get the most out of the APoE4.info website page, is very easy to use and will allow you to spend your time on the site more efficiently. I also highly recommend the Primer it's a great place to start and to learn more about AD, it was written by Stavia, one of our most active members who is also a doctor, and is E4/E4 herself.

Here is a page with a lot of information on MTHFR and ApoE4 that you might find helpful also.

As you explore the site you will find you are surrounded by like-minded, caring and courageous people who are determined to reverse, prevent and stop dementia, AD and cognitive decline in its tracks!

We are excited to walk with you on this journey, please feel free to reach out to me and others as questions and concerns arise, we are in this together and are here to support, uplift, and encourage each other along the way.

Find your joy and hope in each new day and each new discovery along your path,
Deb
Deb
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
Enrolled in Reversing Cognitive Decline for Coaches
Choose Hope
Appe4heteozygous
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Deb,

Thank you so much for the message above which I’ve only just read! I think there is a lot to take in and understand.

I will get in with my research and thank you again for your kind message.

N