I'm new! Looking for referrals in CA

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
ruby12345
New User
New User

I'm new! Looking for referrals in CA

Post by ruby12345 »

Hi! I'm so grateful to have found this site. I am trying to learn as much as I can on behalf of my mother who has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's this year after several years of a cognitive decline diagnosis. I am searching for great practitioners in CA, specifically, doctors. If you are working with someone you love, I'd love to know about them! I've been researching and have come up with some options, but I would so appreciate a personal recommendation.

Thanks very much!
Ruby
BloomAgain
Contributor
Contributor

Re: I'm new! Looking for referrals in CA

Post by BloomAgain »

ruby12345 wrote:I am trying to learn as much as I can on behalf of my mother who has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's this year after several years of a cognitive decline diagnosis. I am searching for great practitioners in CA, specifically, doctors. If you are working with someone you love, I'd love to know about them! I've been researching and have come up with some options, but I would so appreciate a personal recommendation.
Welcome to the apoe4.info site, ruby12345!

We are sorry to hear of your mother's diagnosis. Many of us on this site have traveled your same path, so we are glad you found us and hope you find the wealth of information and support of the community helpful. Congratulations on taking the initiative to seek-out ApoE4 information -- it shows your curiosity and your bravery to explore the latest in ApoE4 science.

Since you are a new poster, I'd like to share a few links that will help you navigate this site.

How-To Get the most out of the ApoE4.info website was created to help new (and not so new) members navigate the site. This area explains how to use the quotes button so that the other member receives an email notification of your reply, how to search for topics, how to subscribe to topics of interest and more.

The PRIMER: An introduction to ApoE4, biochemistry, and possible prevention strategies is a fantastic resource, exploring areas such as the science behind the ApoE4 gene and the lifestyle factors that impact its expression.

You also requested information on where to find a doctor/coach/practitioner offering services. Our Wiki Index offers a wealth of information, including the following links that you may find especially helpful:
Searching for a Healthcare Practitioner
A List of ApoE4-Aware Healthcare Practitioners
A List of ApoE4-Aware Health Coaches

Hopefully, another member will have some personal experiences with a California brain health expert that they may be willing to share with you. Again, welcome! We are here to assist you, so please feel free to continue to post any questions! :D
National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
Qualified ReCODE Practitioner/Health Coach (Bredesen Protocol)